Thursday 23 June 2016

Nu Metal - Possible New Project

 
Okay, so today, because the weather was rather nice, I visited my local zoo with the Runtherd and it got me all inspired because I saw lion tamarinds (that look just like Jokaero), licky skinks (which remind me so much like the old 40k slann models) and capybaras (because they're my favourite animals).
 
Now, the cause of this inspiration? Well, way back into my childhood, whilst my sister was into Sylvanian Families, I, being something of a tomboy, was more captivated by Battle Beasts (along with Monsters in my Pocket - the gothic 80's version of Pokémon). So, in the meanwhile before my super secret project starts, I'm really tempted to do some kind of space menagerie; with a slann, a Jokaero, and a whole host of other anthropomorphic races (I really want to make some kind of space capybara, maybe based on a Skaven model), because that's the kind of mad thing they used to do back in the Rogue Trader days.
 
Does anyone else have any other animal ideas to anthropomorphise into the gothic darkness of the 41st millennium?
 
Спасибо за прочтение
 

7 comments:

  1. Ah battlebeasts, my buddy had a few of those (and muscle men)

    AS for 40k animals, you have the skills to sculpt pretty much whatever you want, so that makes it merely a questions of what do YOU want!
    (I personally would like to see some Rulon style baddies like Krok.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do rather love that retrofuturistic look, although it reminds me more like a Gorn from Star Trek! ^^

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing what you do.... A couple of years ago I took my kids to the zoo and we saw a capybara giving birth to a litter; it was quite amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww! That sounds really amazing! ^^

      Well, I have my base models for my space capybaras currently on my desk, awaiting attention! ^^

      Delete
  3. Well, Jokaeros tend to isolate themselves, so apart from a Jokaero family, there's not that much on that side of the road. On the other hand, Slann were totally underrepresented and underdeveloped, I bet almost anything suits in there. Slann leaders and cadres of toadmen, alligatormen, piranhamen... The weirdest, the funniest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to see a new take on the Cthellan Cudbear – perhaps a sci-fi take on the Dungeons and Dragons' Owlbear, or a slithering tentacle-faced beast (a Chthulun Cudbear?)...
    For general animals that'd make fun sci-fi species, I'd love to see a pangolin or anteater (those look pretty alien already), or perhaps a reinterpretation of the old Fishman sculpt based on a pirahna or axolotl?
    Either way, keep up the great work; only just found your (fantastic) blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pangolin would make an excellent base for a 40k race! ^^

      Delete